Tuesday, December 14, 2010

Sandwich Times - Volume 10

1. Dear Mayor Ford:

Please SAVE OUR SANDWICHES

I know you have a heavily anti-gravy train. As such, I can imagine that the thought of an open-faced Hot Turkey Sandwich MUST be repugnant to you. But the $48,000 you will save from cutting Sandwiches from the board is a drip in the Sandwich Ocean of City Councillor expenses.



2. If you are going to a shop to get a Sandwich, DON'T lose your 1.2 million pound Stradivarius violin in the process

3. Recently Zachary Garcia googled himself, something all of us can identify with. He found out that he was mistakingly wanted for murder. When asked to comment on it, Garcia  noted false accusations of murder ≠  screwing up someone's :


Everybody makes mistakes, I mean I work at Publix and I might get somebody's sub wrong. But for somebody to get, you know, that wrong? It's not a sandwich, you know, it's somebody's life you're playing with."

4. I have a Desert Sandwich beef with ColdStone Creamery. Why can't I purchase a single Ice Cream Sandwich. 

SERIOUSLY









5. Wilco popped into one of  Canwiches' favourites Sky Blue Sky. Way to go Chad!

6.  While more of a quasi-Sandwich, a few months back, Buddha Dog shuttered its Roncesvalles' windows.  It featured homemade smoky dogs, with all sorts of fantastic sides and cheese (below we can see guacamole and swiss, pepper jack w/ chilli and sweet chili and mayo:


















7. A little Sandwich Youtube Love:



8. I've been thinking a lot today about Sandwich underdogs. The kind of Sandwich that comes with limited exceptions that wow you nonetheless?

Tongue on Bread at Au Pied de Cochon


















This was my "light appetizer" at one of the most epic, foie-gras stuffed meals I've ever had. As a result of my deli infuenced habits, the tongue is by no means at exotic choice of meat. What was different about this tongue was that it wasn't sliced like at Pancer's. It was just a cross section of a tongue, that still looked like a tongue. So much so that when our tongue's first met, I questioned if I was being over-eager on a first date and should have just started with a kiss on the beef cheek.

Still , it won me over with its deliciousness. It was incredibly tender and the rustic bread was just perfect for it.  Once I had a few bites, and it looked less like a tongue, I was extremely happy I ordered it.






No comments: